"I used my experience to drive me to give the best customer service I could"
Who is Miss Sassy?
When I was 16 I bought my first piece of jewellery. It was so exciting to be able to walk into a jewellers with my own money in my pocket, for the very first time.
Unfortunately the experience was so horrible that I never forgot it..
I grew up in the poor part of town and our parents had no money. I got a job, worked hard and decided I wanted to buy a gold chain. When I walked into the store, the girl behind the counter was all smiles. She asked me what I wanted, and I asked to see the gold chains. She bought out a tray and I started to look at the cheap ones, as that was all I could afford. There was no finance options back then so the $50 in my pocket was all I had. It was a lot of money to me.
The salesgirl kept trying to sell me the chains that cost hundreds or thousands of dollars and was not listening to me at all. She eventually started to hurry me up and I could see she was looking around to find people to serve with more money! I just quickly chose a chain I could afford and got out of there as fast as I could.
I was So Embarrassed!
I was so embarrassed and humiliated by the time I left, I decided if I ever worked in jewellery, I would never treat anyone like that, and I never have.
Eventually my partner and I saw the light and moved to Qld. No more cold miserable days for me!
There were no opportunities to work in a jewellery store in my home town, so I was excited to get a job in a jewellery store in Qld. My dream Job..
I used my experience to drive me to give the best customer service I could. I worked my way up to Area Manager in a short amount of time, learnt all I could about jewellery and loved what I did.
From then to now...
Over the last couple of years working in mainstream jewellers, I noticed that over 25% of my customers found it hard to find their size in rings, bracelets and chains. If they found something they liked and it was the wrong size, the cost to have it special ordered or resized was ridiculous.
It was so disappointing for them and for me. The best part of my job was listening to what they were asking for and then showing them their dream piece of jewellery. This was getting almost impossible.
To watch someone walk out with a smile on their face and a memorable experience, made my day.. Unfortunately this was happening less and less.
People are not the same size they used to be so the mainstream sizing isn’t working for everyone anymore. The average size person has changed but the stores haven’t.. The ring size range in most stores is too small.
I could not stop thinking of what I could do to help people who couldn’t get jewellery to fit them. I started searching for reputable suppliers and I found some exclusive, excellent quality suppliers willing to make the sizes I needed, and this is when Miss Sassy was born! It was one of the best and most rewarding decisions of my life. (Only beaten by having my children! Although some days…….)
Miss Sassy Believes
- Good customer service is what is missing in the world.
- The purchase of any jewellery piece from beginning to end should be a beautiful experience and you will have this from Miss Sassy.
- EVERY person should be able to afford beautiful jewellery . If the finance option doesn’t work for you I will offer you layby.
- Every child needs an outlet and I believe music and sport is perfect for this.. I know because they both saved my sanity growing up.
Miss Sassy Values and Future Goals
As I mentioned previously, I came from the poor part of town.
If it wasn’t for music, sport and a great sense of humour, I’m not sure who or where I would be today.
Myself and neighbourhood friends were very familiar with homelessness, domestic violence, child abuse and bullying.
Because of this, and with your help and support, starting 2022, I will be supporting similar charities every 3 months.
One of the 2 bigger goals and a work in progress is to work with the sports clubs or school music programs to set up some sponsorship for kids who can’t afford to pay.
The second is to have secret spies in schools to let me know who needs new shoes or clothes or Ipads etc to fit in, and donate it anonymously!
Gives me goose bumps..
If you are still reading this then thankyou, and welcome to my jewellery store. I look forward to helping you find your forever piece.
Top 10 Benefits Of Shopping With Miss Sassy
- I love what I do, and if it’s important to you it’s important to me!
- My access to so many suppliers gives you more options to choose from
- Order your rings in your size up to a Z+ and only pay the price listed. No extra for resize.
- Order a chain or bracelet in gold or silver in whatever length you want. This includes chunky handmade chains and bracelets. Bangles also can be ordered in bigger or smaller sizes.
- Custom ordering gives you the option to have the ring made in your colour gold and/or your choice of stones just email me.
- Diamond jewellery over 1ct can be quoted with your choice of Cut, Colour, Clarity, and Carat options, using GIA diamonds.
- I have low overheads which allows me to provide the same or better quality than the chain stores at a lower price
- New rings and jewellery will be loaded weekly. Keep checking back as there are so many I can’t keep up. 😊
- Miss Sassy can wrap and send gifts directly to the recipient for you
- 100% customer service guarantee
My Commitment to you
The thing I miss the most from my time in the stores, and I find the most challenging now, is not being able to do face-to-face customer service with you. If you reach out I will reply as soon as I can, and do my best to work with you on finding that special piece you are searching for. I’ve got you!